1. Peel and mince shallots (or trim and thinly slice scallions). Rinse and mince parsley. Trim mushrooms, wipe clean with a damp paper towel and thinly slice (you'll have about 2 cups).
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook a moment more to soften slightly. Add juices and bring to a boil.
3. Cover skillet and simmer gently 5 to 7 minutes until mushrooms are completely tender. Uncover and boil over high heat about 5 minutes until liquid is somewhat thickened. Season with half the salt and pepper.
4. Place fish fillets over mushrooms. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and steam fillets 6 to 8 minutes until just opaque in center (or bake covered at 350 for 15 minutes). Sprinkle fish with parsley and serve immediately.
minutes before you're ready to sit down to dinner, reheat mushrooms in skillet over medium heat and proceed with recipe.
* Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 176 cal, 25 g pro, 7 g car, 5 g fat, 42 mg chol, 415 mg so