1. Cut scallion stalk in 1-inch sections; crush garlic. Place in a large heavy pan along with water, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
2. Meanwhile wipe duck inside and out with a damp cloth, then add to pan. Bring to a boil again, then simmer, covered, 30 to 40 minutes.
3. Drain duck, reserving liquid for stock. Let bird cool; then dry thoroughly with paper toweling and refrigerate, covered, overnight.
4. Cut duck in quarters and place in a large jar or container. Pour in sherry and cover jar tightly. Refrigerate 5 to 7 days.
5. Drain, reserving sherry (which can be re-used for cooking). Chop duck, bone and all, in bite-size pieces. Serve cold.
Requires Refrigerating In Sherry
For 5-7 Days!
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, Isbn 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's Mm Recipe Archive, http://www. Erols. Com/hosey.