To Make Glaze:
1) Saut, shallots in vegetable oil until medium brown.
2) Add apple juice concentrate, balsamic vinegar, liquid smoke, and onion powder. Stir to combine ingredients. 3) Simmer 7 minutes. 4) Combine water and cornstarch, mix well and whisk into simmering liquid. 5) Simmer 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. 6) Place in appropriate container and allow to cool.
To Make Hickory Glazed Salmon:
1) Preheat oven to 450 ° F.
2) Oil bottom of roasting pan.
3) Place 6-8 ounce salmon fillets on pan.
4) Liberally brush each piece of salmon with the Hickory Glaze.
5) Roast salmon for 15-20 minutes, depending upon thickness (approximately 10 minutes per inch of thickness.)
Vegetable Medley at Red Lobster Restaurants
Suggested Wine: White Zinfandel, Sauvignon Blanc
diced apples goes well with sauce. Add to sauce as it is cooling.